Carnival ship Sensation; 3 days/nights out of Port Canaveral, FL.
Had a great time, relaxed, ate a lot of food.
Played basketball, sat in the hot tubs, chatted with other passengers.
Ran around the exercise track, played mini-golf, watched a couple shows.
One night they had a Mexican Buffet, with octopus ceviche -- little purple octopuses, tomatoes, onions, peppers, cilantro, lime juice -- I ate about a gallon of it, with tortilla chips.
We rented a scooter in Nassau, tooled around the city, bought souveniers, snowcones, and pirated CDs.
Snorkeled and swam with stingrays.
Lay in the sun.
The cabin steward made animals out of the towels, which was really cool. They make up your room about 3 times a day.
When I get some pics developed, I'll post them.
And just to show that MomentsOfAdequacy offers extra value, here is your Complimentary Cruise Line Analysis (which no one cares about):
I had been cruising a couple times before, with Hannah -- that was on Royal Carribbean, which is spozed to be a cut above Carnival, but I found the value on Carnival very good.
- The amenities were very comparable.
- The excursions were basically the same, altho on RC lunch was always provided; on the excursion Carnival set us up with, we had to buy our own lunch.
- The ship band was great on both lines.
- The wait service was better on RC, but the cabin service was better on Carnival.
- On RC the other guests had been whiter, a little more well-off, dressed more formally for dinner -- none of which made any difference to David or me. I didn't find the RC guests snooty, exactly, but I found the Carnival passengers a little friendlier and completely non-pretentious. I expected more drunk college students, but didn't see much of that.
- The food and the entertainment were far superior on RC, but the cost on Carnival was 60% of what we would have paid on RC, so I wasn't complaining.
- Carnival charged for soft drinks ($4/day).
- On Carnival, the gratuity was added automatically to your bill; on RC, tipping was theoretically optional, but the suggested amount was the same as what Carnival took ($10/day/person).
All in all, I was very satisfied -- I'd go again on either one.