Monday, November 14, 2005

Self-aggrandizement

About the Personal Favorites section...

I saw this on a couple of blogs recently. Once I got past the embarrassment of saying "This is stuff I wrote that I like" (which took about two seconds), I thought it was actually kind of a cool idea.

I mean, what if someone tries out your blog on a day (or month) when all you've posted is dreck? Wouldn't it be a shame that they didn't get to see some of your better efforts? This way, they can see what I think is my best stuff, and if they hate that (quite possible, likely even) they'll know they don't need to waste their time here because they ain't gonna find a bunch of better posts lurking in the archives .

And if they DO like what they read, it might trick them into coming back, not realizing that most posts will basically be a waste of their time.

Anyway, the first half of the list is stuff I think is funny (your mileage may vary, of course). The second half is more serious stuff.

If you think something on the list totally honks, just LMK -- I'm open to criticism and advice.

If you think something ought to be on the list, LMK that too. I may not do anything about it, but my little ego would be terribly gratified, and I would be your best friend for weeks...

5 Comments:

At Mon Nov 14, 10:30:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so what does being my "best friend" get me?

fyi: the title of this post was going to be part of my comment on the previous post (seems to be a common thread for our conversations -- your self-aggrandizement) but decided against it since i had a feeling that you might want to use the term for yourself...

nsxxtluu -- you can't beat that!

 
At Mon Nov 14, 07:50:00 PM PST, Blogger jay are said...

I'm working through the personal favorites, many of which I've read, but so far "Ashes to Ashes" still ranks up there at the top. Too funny. You need to embellish a bit more and make it short story length. It's great.

 
At Tue Nov 15, 03:08:00 PM PST, Blogger heatherfeather said...

well, i laughed out loud in public at the whole kit n kubota (and i appreciate the cleverness of the name) and at mickey d's. i haven't had time to read more - but i'm also "writing a paper."

best friends now?

 
At Tue Nov 15, 05:03:00 PM PST, Blogger jay are said...

hf---try "Duck and Cover" if you haven't. :)

 
At Tue Nov 15, 07:05:00 PM PST, Blogger heatherfeather said...

well, i grew up in southern california ON the san andreas fault. i've tried duck and covering many, many times...

oh, wait - i get it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home