Sunday, July 15, 2007

whatever

Boring news section

Visit with Dallas client went okay. I think they feel okay about what was delivered, but then in the past they've been smiles to me while complaining to my boss, so I guess I'll have to wait to know for sure.

Flew back to CA today. When my brother arrived at the airport to pick me up in his white van, I tried to put my bag in the back but the door wouldn't open. So I went around to the front and some stranger got out of the passenger seat. Because, of course, it wasn't my brother's van. In fact, it wasn't even the same make/model. But it *was* white. The guy in the car behind laughed out loud when he saw me backing away from the startled stranger getting out of not-my-brother's van. And it *was* funny -- I was laughing too. The stranger just looked confused.

Thing that doesn't matter section

Went to a restaurant as part of a party of three. They apologetically seated us at two adjacent tables-for-two rather than use their one open table-for-four. Their reasoning is that they want to be able to seat a larger party there if one shows up. To me, it seemed stupid. Make sure your customer who's already here is inconvenienced (ie, can't sit together) so that an imaginary larger party who may or may not exist can sit together without having to wait. My brother says I'm just cranky.

Links section

Brandi Carlile is a singer I like now, thanks to Jay Are.

The end of this clip is a song I'd like to learn. (Thx to Sooze.)


Things you didn't want to know section

I believe that if all the stalls in the restroom are full, it's okay to use the handicapped* stall. IOW, it's not like parking places.

Yesterday I woke myself out of a sound sleep with the noise of my own farting.


*insert current PC word here

2 Comments:

At Sun Jul 15, 11:11:00 PM PDT, Blogger dkgoodman said...

A friend of mine, if there's an odd number of people in his party, just adds one and asks for a table of four, or six, etc.

"It's easier to get forgiveness than permission."

 
At Thu Jul 19, 11:15:00 PM PDT, Blogger Erik said...

2 things that need to be said. in fact, they are in dire need of being said.

#1 i wasn't even aware there was a grey area with the handicap restroom stall thing. i can't see pooping my pants just because the wheelchair basketball champ might be visiting the mall that day. oh, calm down, i'm mostly kidding.

#2 restaurant thing: there are times you become indignant (amusing soliloquy-style, good-natured indignant, mind you) due to causes unworthy, but this wasn't one of them. making a party of 3 sit apart while saving a table for *four*? ludicrous like the rapper.

and i used to wait tables, so don't anyone tell me i don't understand. ok? so that's the deal on that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home