Monday, July 09, 2007

Thought for the day

Excerpted from Scott Adams' blog:
Rounders Vs. Accumulators

Most people have at least a few big problems in their life. But the vast majority of life’s problems are the little kind. There are two ways to deal with the little problems.

ROUNDERS: This group rounds things off. A problem that’s a two on a scale of one to ten gets rounded to zero. If a rounder has five problems that are all about a two on a scale of one to ten, he’ll tell you he has no problems.

ACCUMULATORS: Accumulators add up all the little problems until they equal one big problem. If an accumulator has five problems that are each a two on a scale of one to ten, that feels like having one problem that’s a ten.

Rounders are generally happy, because they perceive their lives to be mostly problem-free. Accumulators are often miserable because “nothing is going right.” ...

3 Comments:

At Mon Jul 09, 02:26:00 PM PDT, Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

Hmm... and which are you? I like to think of my problems on a more global scale. Darfur, for example, being a ten. Me stubbing my toe on a sippy cup while I'm late to my appointment being a... actually, I guess that doesn't rate at all.

 
At Mon Jul 09, 04:13:00 PM PDT, Blogger Lisa said...

I am definitely an accumulator. I suck up all the little problems like a Hoover, but, since I am not a Dyson, I get all clogged up and stop functioning altogether.

 
At Tue Jul 10, 09:57:00 AM PDT, Blogger Rob said...

I'm pretty sure I'm a rounder. At least, I'm impatient with accumulators... ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home