Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Apropos of nothing

I wish to go on record as being against Diet Coke in plastic bottles. DC is bad enough in a can, where it occasionally tastes cold and refreshing (compared to, say, sand). But in a bottle, it's just this side of disgusting. Maybe I should get more sleep instead of whining about the deficiencies of various caffeine-delivery vehicles.

It could happen that a client tries to say "If the totals turn out..." and instead says "If the turtles tone out..." You should not laugh if this happens.

My Dallas client has asked me back for at least one more visit, so that's where I am now. This time I'm taking an approach that involves showing up on time for meetings, just to see how that works.

My flight out here was scheduled for a 3:20pm departure, but mechanical problems delayed us until 9:55pm. I finally got to bed at 4am, which made the first day of my new show-up-on-time program less convenient than it might have been.

Three wks ago I ate at a restaurant here. I sat at the bar and ordered a mini-pizza and drank a light beer. Last night I went back to the same restaurant; the bartender looked at me and said immediately "light beer in a bottle?" That guy is either Rain Man, or he needs to get out more.

Last night I dreamed I got involved with a girl who looked a lot like Camila. She came to my parents' house for Xmas. Then Camila called and said she'd like to see me again, and she came also. So they were both there at a big Xmas party, neither knowing the other existed, but sure to twig as soon as I approached either one in the presence of the other one. I was still trying to figure out how to get rid of the new girl when I woke up.
Okay, that was only interesting to me. But I typed it, and by golly I'm leaving it in.

That is all at this time.

10 Comments:

At Tue Jul 10, 11:57:00 AM PDT, Blogger si said...

your love-hate relationship w/diet coke is weird to me. how you hate it but you drink it anyway... :) it's probably similar to my relationship to coffee -- have to have it, and its taste is definitely acquired (after becoming addicted to the caffeine, i guess).

i went into a jewelry store and asked if they changed "batch watteries" (watch batteries). the even stranger thing (and slightly scary to me at the time) was that i knew i was saying it wrong but couldn't figure out how to say it correctly!

glad you've gotten another chance in dallas. i'm sure you'll wow 'em this time. do you need me to call you in the a.m. as your official wake-up call? :-)

and, maybe the bartender makes a note of light-beer drinkers as not REAL beer drinkers... ;-)

 
At Tue Jul 10, 01:48:00 PM PDT, Blogger unca said...

Diet Coke in any container tastes a lot like chemotherapy -- especially the after-taste.

 
At Tue Jul 10, 04:34:00 PM PDT, Blogger dkgoodman said...

I think the bartender likes you.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. ;)

 
At Tue Jul 10, 06:39:00 PM PDT, Blogger Rob said...

si, are we really going to tease each other about drinking? i'm thinking not... ;-)

unca, i cannot disagree.

dkg, you could be right. but he wasn't that good-looking, so i don't think i'll pursue it...

 
At Tue Jul 10, 11:42:00 PM PDT, Blogger SoozeSchmooze said...

hummm Bryan...just how good looking would he have to be?? :)

 
At Wed Jul 11, 01:18:00 AM PDT, Blogger Erik said...

i don't think you should date the bartender, and here's why. the ONE good part about dating another guy is that he likely wouldn't remember every little thing you ever did or said, and then punish you with it later.

This guy however, would be a nightmare. he knows what you drank 3 weeks ago. you wouldn't get away with anything, thereby nullifying the only benefit of dating another guy.

and i save you again, big surprise.

 
At Wed Jul 11, 11:44:00 AM PDT, Blogger Blogball said...

I’m with Erik on this one. The bartender sounds like he might even be gay which would ruin the whole relationship.

 
At Wed Jul 11, 01:53:00 PM PDT, Blogger si said...

bryan -- what can you possibly be talking about?? :)

i'd think you'd readily agree you don't always remember things that happen, right? but, apparently certain memories will be retained forever and ever...

 
At Thu Jul 12, 03:31:00 PM PDT, Blogger Lisa said...

No one's addressing your last paragraph.

I had a dream last night that I woke up in bed with a guy whose blog I've been reading. Seriously. He was peacefully sleeping next to me. My first thought was, "Shit, I'd better get up and brush my teeth."

 
At Thu Jul 12, 09:39:00 PM PDT, Blogger Extrem4 said...

Just think how wierd it would have been if the bartender had offered you a diet coke in a bottle and then said, "Just kidding".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home