Sunday, August 20, 2006

one time i found a surfboard

It had fallen off a car, and I found it at the side of the highway. I put an ad in the paper -- who knew how much it was worth? Maybe it was a top board, worth hundreds of dollars. Maybe someone would be really grateful to have it back, and shower me with thanks. Maybe I would get a reward.
A guy called me, described the board, came to pick it up. He handed me the $7 to pay for the ad, and said "Thanks, dude. The board I don't really care about, but the leash is worth having back."
So I guess the real story is that one time I found a surfboard tether. Either way, it's not that interesting.

3 Comments:

At Sun Aug 20, 12:48:00 AM PDT, Blogger Erik said...

he could've at least given you a man-hug for your troubles. what's the big deal about a little man-hug? nothing.

 
At Tue Aug 22, 07:56:00 AM PDT, Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

This is hilarious!

Good blog you have here; I looked at it ages ago, but must have been unable to subscribe & keep up. You're on my "To read" list now.

 
At Tue Aug 22, 10:05:00 AM PDT, Blogger Rob said...

thx, gnightgirl.
erik, we man-hugged for several minutes, but in a very heterosexual way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home