Thursday, August 17, 2006

my life is chaos, yet still not interesting

Spent the night at the new rental. With some furniture in, it's not that ugly.

Yesterday morning I should have been moving, packing, etc before leaving for CA again, but I foolishly agreed to go back to my old place to do 3 hrs of remote support for a client first.

Woke up at 8am, couldn't find the keys to my truck. Turned the rental upside down, nothing. Finally got a ride from a kind friend, got started at 10am, gave the client their 3 hrs.

After that it was a goat rodeo, running around town doing errands, trying to get business stuff taken care of, phone calls from every human being I know, etc. No big disasters, mind -- you'll just have to trust me that it was like being bit to death by ducks.

David and I made our flight (barely), and we both slept all the way to San Jose.

At the airport Jerry Rice was waiting for luggage at the same carousel we were -- not sure if he was on our flight or not. He played a year for the SeaChickens, so maybe he has a house up there or something. Nobody seemed to notice him, tho, which was probably fine with him.

Got to my brother and sister-in-law's place about 11, visited till 1:30am, after which I drove to Roseville. Happily I did not fall asleep and get killed. For the record: Red Bull makes me shudder, but it's better than Mountain Dew.

This morning I didn't have any toiletries -- since you have to check liquids & gels, I put my kit in a large checked bag. Which I left at my brother's. Also forgot my dress shoes, so I'm wearing cowboy boots with my dress slacks. Par for the course lately, really.

5 Comments:

At Thu Aug 17, 10:35:00 PM PDT, Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

Do you ever wonder why you get up in the morning? But I'm sure the boots and slacks approach worked well in Sacto, since there's a little bit of cowboy in the wild west. Hope you make it home in one piece.

 
At Fri Aug 18, 01:32:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

would've been mad at you if you had been killed coming to roseville (who would've worked on our stuff?!?)

boots w/slacks -- kinda like a wanna-be-gentleman-rancher? it's a good thing we're not particular with our consultants! :)

hope your next few weeks are productive but less hectic for you...

 
At Fri Aug 18, 02:19:00 PM PDT, Blogger Alan said...

So where do they hold these goat rodeos?

 
At Sun Aug 20, 07:54:00 PM PDT, Blogger Erik said...

want to know a few things that will make you lose respect for me?
ok, here's the deal:

--i've had more than 4 separate dreams of meeting jerry rice.
--more like 7 separate dreams.
--i made a dream scrapbook of jerry rice.
--just kidding, it was a regular scrapbook, but it followed his career through the niners, raiders, and seahawks.

--you see him at the airport terminal, and comment that maybe he has a house in the area. yeah, YOU THINK???

I'M SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW!!

NOT TO MENTION PATHETIC!!

ok i'm good now, thanks for letting me talk about that.

 
At Sun Aug 20, 07:58:00 PM PDT, Blogger Erik said...

p.s. i started the scrapbook when i was 15, and didn't add to it THAT much over the years. c'mon, you have to believe me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home