Friday, August 18, 2006

you don't care about this

Weird thing about my work: the connection between the difficulty of the work and my effectiveness can be very tenuous.

Sometimes I work on unpleasant complex projects that require a particular skill or arcane bit of knowledge; I stress and sweat and work really hard for long hours and the overall benefit to the client is not necessarily that noticeable or appreciated.

Other times I do things that may be time-consuming or require some specific experience but are actually quite enjoyable and not necessarily that difficult, and at the end the client seems pleased and appreciative.

This week was more like #2, so that was nice. And I get paid the same either way...

2 Comments:

At Sat Aug 19, 11:35:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw, thanks!

you *should* be appreciated for what you can provide -- just because your client is sorta lame and inept doesn't mean that what you do is not valuable. however, it also may mean that your client(s) are *very* nice!

...and get paid quickly, i might add!

 
At Sun Aug 20, 06:08:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

btw, i should have included that maybe we're too simplistic and easy-to-please (the simplistic part is evident from how long it took me to think of this). :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home