Monday, August 14, 2006

boring update

Looks like we have an offer on the house that might actually go thru, so that's good. It's a lot lower than I had hoped, but it allows us to pay off the mortgage(s), the lawyers, the credit cards, etc, and still have enough left over to buy a Diet Sprite and some gum.

I've rented a small place nearby (old, ugly, expensive) -- the landlord dropped the keys with my neighbor last wk while I was in TX.

Got home from the airport today around noon, planning to get the bulk of the moving done today & tomorrow before I leave town again Wednesday.

When I got home, the hide-a-key had disappeared. I had loaned my pickup to Hannah's best friend Marty, along with my house keys, so I couldn't get into my house.

The neighbor wasnt' home, so I couldn't get into the new place either.

I didn't have the truck back yet, so I couldn't really move even if I could get into either place.

And I had to go to the bathroom really bad. For a few minutes there, nothing was working as planned.

Eventually my realtor showed up with some papers to sign, and he was able to let me into my own house. Marty came by with the truck (vaccuumed and gassed up, very nice), so at least now I could load the truck, even if I couldn't take the stuff anywhere.

I made a token effort at moving a few things, then came upstairs to check my email and blog. Maybe fairies will come and move my things for me. You never know.

3 Comments:

At Tue Aug 15, 10:47:00 AM PDT, Blogger Happy Birthday! said...

Great poem! Captures the feeling perfectly. Amazingly enough, Somewhat Ept Erik was also locked out of his house needing to use the bathroom recently. That was because I sort of forgot to put the key back under the mat after I left his house after he went to work.

Congrats on the offer that might go through! I think you should buy a diet Coke instead.

 
At Wed Aug 16, 01:27:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe fairies will come and move my things for me. that's my philosophy -- it gets me far, let me tell you...

also, what's with the "diet sprite and gum"? should be "diet coke and altoids", right?

keep wishing you luck for a smooth final sale/move. while you're at our site, i'm sure the fairies will continue to do the work for you.

 
At Fri Aug 18, 07:14:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fairies!? I don; think you want OPus showing up on your doorstep to help with any moving although I am sure he owes you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home