Wednesday, January 09, 2008

mutant message from down under

I was late to work today because a dog jumped in my truck.

One of my speakers wasn't putting out, so I stopped at the side of the road to fiddle with the amp under the driver's seat. A huge, pure-white german shepherd appeared out of nowhere and jumped into the open door. He sat there wagging his tail, and seemed to be smiling and saying "Well, I'm ready, let's go..."

I pulled him out and he tried three more times to get in. There were no houses around, and it was near a busy road, and I started worrying he was lost, so I opened the tailgate for him and he jumped in.

Long story short, the nearby sheriff's office wouldn't take him, but the local vet scanned his chip and got a number and agreed to hold him for Animal Control, so I'm pretty sure he'll get home okay.

In traditional stories, when a white animal appears in your life it's usually to bring a message from a dead relative, or the Great Spirit, or something. I'm trying to figure out what the message is, but all I can come up with is "have professionals work on your car stereo." Any other ideas welcome...

7 Comments:

At Wed Jan 09, 12:40:00 PM PST, Blogger Happy Birthday! said...

Ha. Hey, speaking of the literary allusion here, I first read that book without reading the part in the beginning about it being fiction. I was thoroughly confused. Like, would someone lie and say all that happened to her? Or..(gullibility here)..DID it really happen? Or what. Oh, I just looked it up and it looks like she originally published it as non-fiction, but reclassified it. All of which has nothing to do with a white German shepherd jumping into your truck.

 
At Wed Jan 09, 05:49:00 PM PST, Blogger Alan said...

Hmmm...sounds like you had yourself a free woofer!

 
At Thu Jan 10, 01:50:00 PM PST, Blogger SoozeSchmooze said...

First I would like to say you are much more of a do gooder than you let on (at least on your blog)...second...gee Alan...thanks for the huge laugh...that was really witty!!!

 
At Fri Jan 11, 12:13:00 AM PST, Blogger si said...

darn it alan, you beat me to it! i was going to say "the white dog could replace your woofer"...

that was nice of you, bryan. i'm glad he had a chip.

 
At Fri Jan 11, 09:09:00 AM PST, Blogger Blogball said...

Alan and si, great minds think alike I was going to work in the word woofer in my comment too.

I guess I will have to wait until a bird flies into Bryan’s truck as he is trying to fix his speakers and comment earlier next time.

 
At Fri Jan 11, 12:18:00 PM PST, Blogger Alan said...

If I really had a great mind, I would have come up with the midrange line by now.

 
At Fri Jan 11, 05:21:00 PM PST, Blogger Blogball said...

Alan, I will give it a try:

I heard that white dog had a bad prostate so I guess that means Bryan’s broken speaker and the dog had something in common. They both went from full-range to mid-range.

I know that was a long way to go but at least I tried.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home