a day of thwarting
i had grand plans for monday. had a list of things to accomplish, and was planning to get them all done before noon.
this is what actually happened...
1) wanted to put a work project to bed: had to wait for client, who didn't call me back
2) went to pay a bill: line was 12 people long and not moving; i gave up and decided to mail a check.
3) stopped to get a sandwich at wendy's: line was too long again, gave up
4) went to Best Buy to pick up my laptop that they had worked on: including wait time, a 4-minute transaction took 30 minutes. one of the employees was extremely pleasant to look at, but even so i didn't feel she was worth spending 30 minutes on.
5) went to get an estimate on replacing car windshield: the body shop's "glass guy" wasn't answering his phone, so no estimate.
6) called about a price on a car detail: guy said no one was working till after new year's
7) went to other place for help with the car radio: guy wasn't there
8) called client about scheduling: everyone already gone for holidays
by this time it was 4pm and i had accomplished only one thing.
i took this as a sign i should give up and go drink, but instead i decided to just be happy about all my blessings and for making it 99% of the way through 2007 with a minimum of unpleasantness and death.
happy new year to all, and to all a good 2008...