Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I had a metal cash box that I lost the key to.

I didn’t remember what I had put in it, but whatever it was was pretty heavy. I took it to a locksmith, who opened it and made me new keys. He charged me $25.

Turned out the box contained ammunition for guns I no longer owned, which isn’t relevant to the story, but I know if I don't put it in you'll get all distracted and feel unsatisfied not knowing.

Anyway, the point is that last week I saw the exact same lockbox in Walmart. I realized that I could have just drilled out the old lock and bought a new box, and it would have cost me $12.99 plus tax.

The End.


PS. The first sentence of this post ends in a preposition; if you think that’s a legitimate grammar rule to care about (about which to be concerned), you are a stupid person. Just saying.

8 Comments:

At Wed Dec 26, 06:52:00 AM PST, Blogger unca said...

Of course, if you had drilled out the lock, a random spark may have ignited the amunition sending a bullet crashing into your skull so you probably made the right choice after all.

 
At Wed Dec 26, 01:06:00 PM PST, Blogger Rob said...

well, since you put it that way, the extra $11 i spent doesn't seem as big a waste...

 
At Wed Dec 26, 03:58:00 PM PST, Blogger si said...

this post -- funny, especially unca's comment. and it's a good thing you added the irrelevant explanation -- or else i would've been one of those who was distracted and unsatisfied... :-)

 
At Thu Dec 27, 09:45:00 AM PST, Blogger Alan said...

So what caliber was the ammo?

 
At Thu Dec 27, 10:08:00 AM PST, Blogger Rob said...

si, yeah i knew you would focus on that... :-)

alan, .22 and 30-30

 
At Thu Dec 27, 08:16:00 PM PST, Blogger Alan said...

Were the 22's short, long or magnum?

 
At Sun Dec 30, 02:35:00 PM PST, Blogger Rob said...

.22 longs :-)

 
At Mon Jan 07, 01:20:00 PM PST, Blogger SoozeSchmooze said...

I love mysteries that are solved..
so I like Si...had to know what was in the box...Glad Unca had an rationalization for the extra money that makes it feel better..lol...gotta hate it when that happens...now had you found even 100 dollars you had forgotten about wouldn't that have been NICE!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home