Friday, January 13, 2006

Seattle slough

Still raining. I guess it's actually 26 days now. Everything is wet and it's cold. Bleah.

Tomorrow is my 17th and last wedding anniversary. Also kind of bleah.

This wk I spent 4 days speaking in front of clients for about 7 hrs/day, which is actually more tiring than one might imagine. Plus two hrs of commuting. Nice to make money, but now I'm kinda tired. And the guy who picked the lettuce for my Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich works a lot harder than I do for a lot less money.

Speaking of eating, one of my clients introduced me to a restaurant in his town that serves authentic-style Mexican food. Usually I only get that in Texas. I ate there three times this week. The girl who took my order was convinced I was Argentinian because of the combination of my accent (it's not really Argentinian, but to Mexicans it sounds similar) and my light skin. That happens a lot -- they know I'm not from their country, but they can't figure out where I *am* from. They sometimes seem mildly disappointed to find out I'm just an American.

We won our hockey game this week, 6-3. The other team couldn't buy a break, and everything we tried went in the net. One of our guys put the puck in by batting it out of the air, which is hard to do. At the end of the game we scored an empty-netter by accident when one of our defensemen was just trying to clear the puck up the boards.

Was going to take David snowboarding tomorrow, but he said he's tired and just wants to hang around home with me. We're invited to the neighbor's to watch the game tomorrow, so we might do that. Go Hawks!

2 Comments:

At Sat Jan 14, 12:42:00 AM PST, Blogger jay are said...

I can now officially say "Happy bleah Anniversary" :(. I guess "happy" is a matter of opinion.

 
At Sat Jan 14, 10:48:00 AM PST, Blogger heatherfeather said...

if it helps, i'm bleah too. but i'm not in a seattle slough, i'm in the denver dumps.

here's something fun, though. there's an amazing mexican restaurant around the corner from my house and they're having their 21st birthday on tuesday and selling $2 margaritas. if you're working in denver on tuesday i'll take you there to alleviate some of the bleah.

if you're not in denver then, well, then i won't.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home