Thursday, December 29, 2005

it's all a charade

It's 1AM, and assorted sibs/spouses/kids/nephews are playing Charades. I have fallen asleep on the floor under the dining room table (I got only 2 hrs of sleep the night we arrived) but I'm awakened by roars of laughter and an intermittent pounding noise. My 8-yr-old nephew is having trouble getting his audience to guess the phrase he's trying to act out, but he keeps at it -- his clues include some gestures I can't see, plus enthusiastic thumping of a phone book (audible in Brazil).
Finally, everyone gives up. He tells them the phrase is "calling Germany people". Can't think why I didn't guess it...

3 Comments:

At Thu Dec 29, 11:48:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Germany people try to call you!! Welcome back and nice post!

 
At Fri Dec 30, 04:14:00 PM PST, Blogger heatherfeather said...

it's been my experience than many people in germany speak english (not all, i know) but if you DID try calling germany people and didn't speak german (i'm fluent in not speaking german), it might wind up in a lovely, albeit expensive, phone call.

 
At Sat Dec 31, 03:29:00 PM PST, Blogger jay are said...

yeah. there's just no telling what you both will have to committed to! :) that could prove quite interesting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home