Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Picture this:

The NHL all-star game was this last weekend. It is a 90% friendly game among the best of the best in hockey. Since nobody’s trying to hurt each other, you can often see a lot of entertaining hockey played by some of the biggest names in the sport.

My cousin has his own business. On Friday he got a voicemail offering him four tickets to watch the game from a vendor’s suite, plus four passes to the after party/hospitality thing with a bunch of the players.

If you like hockey, this is a dream telephone call, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, something for which you'd reschedule an audience with the pope. So what did my cousin do? He didn’t bother checking his voicemail until today.

I feel so bad for him that I am vicariously in pain. I have changed my blog background to black in order to properly mourn. If you hear someone crying, that’s me. And probably him.

4 Comments:

At Tue Jan 29, 02:12:00 PM PST, Blogger si said...

yeah, me too... ;-)

 
At Tue Jan 29, 02:13:00 PM PST, Blogger si said...

and where are your links? i can't know how to get to some folks' blogs directly!

 
At Tue Jan 29, 05:13:00 PM PST, Blogger Blogball said...

Kind of hard to read the stuff in red with the new blog colors

 
At Tue Jan 29, 10:23:00 PM PST, Blogger Happy Birthday! said...

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and actually comment on the post -- hoping that's allowed and all. ;) THAT is a horrible story. I am so sad for him. It definitely warrants the Italian widow black. Oh my. I'm mad you even told us because now I have to feel sad and bad about it too. Oh, the agony, seriously.

PS I have to admit, this isn't the easiest text/background combination. It's doable, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home