Monday, June 12, 2006

they make me laugh, so i don't kill them


My kids have a weird sense of humor.

I come into the room, my son is lying on the floor reading a book. I say "Whatcha doin?" He glances at himself, his book, looks at me, and completely deadpan says "Making chili."

I'm shopping with my kids, shortly after having told them about the then-impending divorce. My son asks if I will buy him some small item, I forget what it was. I said, "Well, this is the time to ask. Typically parents feel so guilt-stricken and worried that their kids are messed up about the divorce that they spoil them for a while." Later that evening, my daughter is reading a comic book at the kitchen table. I say "Sam, the dishwasher needs to be unloaded -- that's your job, and I've already reminded you once." She looks up from Archie & Jughead and says with studied seriousness "I think I'm just too messed up about the divorce to unload the dishwasher."

3 Comments:

At Mon Jun 12, 08:07:00 PM PDT, Blogger Lisa said...

oh, just GREAT, Bryan...give away the greatest parental weakness of this millenium for at least 50% of the parents out there. Great job. Way to go.

 
At Tue Jun 13, 06:22:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(responded to this post on the subsequent post...) i forgot to mention that i think i recognize the bronze pig/location. was this picture taken at pike place market?

 
At Tue Jun 13, 08:10:00 PM PDT, Blogger Rob said...

yup. went there a cpl wks ago...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home