Friday, June 16, 2006

let the play say the thing

This is a thing my sister did and she told me I could make fun of her for it here.

In high school she was in a play. On the second last night she accidentally skipped ahead and said a line that was hers, but wasn't supposed to come up for a couple of pages.
This wasn't fatal to the plot, but unfortunately it skipped over lines that other actors had -- in some cases, maybe the only line(s) they had in the play.
After the play, they let her know that she had messed them over, and she said she was sorry, etc. So that night, she went home and studied her lines extra carefully, so as not to do it the last night.
Oh, no, wait. What she actually did is
1) forget all about it, and
2) do it again exactly the same way the next night.

She said to me "But maybe they were some of the same people who made fun of my clothes." IOW, then they would have kind of deserved it. I think that's exactly who they were -- in fact, I bet they swore at their parents, stole from the blind, and threw rocks and kittens, and should have been left out of the play from the beginning. That's what I'm going to believe, anyway. :-)

3 Comments:

At Fri Jun 16, 11:17:00 AM PDT, Blogger jay are said...

they threw rocks AND kittens?? They were REALLY mean....:)
And they probably did deserve it--it not then, then surely later?

 
At Sun Jun 18, 11:40:00 PM PDT, Blogger Rob said...

rocks and kittens, yes. that's what i meant. i did that on purpose. you know, rocks and kittens...

anyway, my word verification is ffcuh, so maybe that's a message for you, miss smartypants. ;-)

 
At Tue Jun 20, 07:56:00 AM PDT, Blogger Happy Birthday! said...

dude, your sister ROCKS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home