Friday, December 16, 2005

Nuggets of wisdom...+

They say "You can never go home again"
And, I guess that's true
At least until the restraining order runs out

I'll never understand how a person can discriminate against somebody
Based on the color of their skin
Unless it's like, green or something -- with pus oozing out of it

Two roads diverged in the woods
I took the one less traveled by…
and had to eat bugs until park rangers rescued me

If I was Amish
I would definitely want to shun someone right way
Because, how cool is that?

I say poe-tay-toe, You say poe-tah-toe
I say toe-may-toe, You say toe-mah-toe
You are wrong and am right

I remember growing up as a kid
The first thing someone said at dinner was a prayer to God, and
The last thing someone said was usually "You are dead to me!"

Give a man a fish and he has a meal
Teach a man to fish
And you get out of work around the house
For a weekend, maybe two

God grant me the serenity
To assemble my kids' Christmas presents
Without shooting an aneurysm

I'd like to teach the world to sing
In perfect harmony
But, mainly Bob Dylan

When I look at the world today
I think: "It's time to get back to the good old-fashioned basics!"
Except for the bloodlettings, and leeches and really stupid stuff

Sometimes, I'll be driving alone late at night
And, I'll see a terrible wreck on the highway
My thoughts will turn to my family, and
I'll think"If David asks for a Star Wars action figure again -- I'm going to throttle him."

When someone says to me they give "110%" to whatever they are doing
It always makes me feel good inside
Because I know I'm not as big a moron as they are.

© Jim Rosenberg <http://www.wirecom.com/jim/>

4 Comments:

At Sat Dec 17, 05:15:00 PM PST, Blogger unca said...

These are great. They sounds a lot like those "Deep Thoughts." Is this the same guy?

 
At Sun Dec 18, 08:19:00 PM PST, Blogger mreddie said...

My chuckle of the evening. ec

 
At Sun Dec 18, 11:10:00 PM PST, Blogger Rob said...

does sound a bit like Deep Thoughts, doesn't it. different guy, though.

 
At Sat Dec 31, 03:36:00 PM PST, Blogger Faye_Hart said...

Very cute. Love the Dylan comment most.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home