Saturday, March 31, 2007

Ravens advance!

In other news:
Being in California meant I missed the last hockey game. But my team, who I just got done dissing on this blog, gutted out a heroic 2nd-round playoff win against the #1 seed to put us in the semi-finals.
Apparently we only had 10 skaters, but they skated their ankles off and our goalie (a grouchy, profane, likeable aussie named Donna) had 42 saves. The game ended in a shootout (one-on-nones against the goalies), and my guys pulled it off.
Since it's a double-elimination finals tournament, we have two shots at getting into the finals and/or winning the whole thing.
Yeeah, baby!

7 Comments:

At Tue Apr 03, 06:33:00 AM PDT, Blogger unca said...

Hmmmm. Your team seems to do better without you.

 
At Tue Apr 03, 11:18:00 AM PDT, Blogger Lisa said...

I love going to hockey games. My finest hour as a fan was when I attended a Kings/Flames game with my uncle. We shouted "Fleruy, you weenie!" so many times that the Calgary fans started throwing stuff at us. hee hee hee

 
At Wed Apr 04, 12:14:00 AM PDT, Blogger Rob said...

As a matter of fact, unca, they do. We played last night and since I was there, we lost. (I missed on two semi-breakaways that would have won us the game if I'd managed to score.) On one I lost the handle on my final deke, on the second I put a backhander off the high post. But I wasn't the only one, and for the most part I had a good game, and I wasn't on the ice for any of their goals except for an empty-netter they scored with 30 seconds left...
Applevenusian, welcome. And even tho I'm from Calgary, I forgive you for hassling Fleury -- all's fair in love and hockey...

 
At Wed Apr 04, 05:41:00 AM PDT, Blogger amy and marilyn said...

"grouchy, profane, lkeable" is an intriguing description. Is Donna male?!

 
At Wed Apr 04, 06:20:00 AM PDT, Blogger unca said...

Wow, what's worse than losing the handle on your final deke?

 
At Wed Apr 04, 01:00:00 PM PDT, Blogger Rob said...

irma, donna's female. but when she's frustrated during a game, you can hear her uttering unpronounceable aussie swearwords thru her mask...

unca, i think you're making fun. FWIW, a deke is a feint with the puck, in case someone cared.

:-)

 
At Thu Apr 05, 08:01:00 PM PDT, Blogger si said...

darn, unca, you took the best lines!

never knew about *donna*, the profane, aussie goalie -- that's great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home