Monday, November 06, 2006

40 days and 40 nights

Much of the little town where I live flooded today. Houses sitting in little lakes, streets closed, cops going door to door evacuating people, etc.

My new rental house and Hannah's place are both fine (so far), but i drove out to our old neighborhood (thru water up to the headlights on my Dodge Dakota) and the home we just sold looks like at least the garage is flooded.

Wonder what the new owners think -- it has to suck to buy a house and have it flood two months later. The picture below is lousy, but all I had with me was my phone, sorry.


I went down to the Public Works area and helped fill & deliver sandbags for a few hours. It was raining and dirty and miserable work, but people were in good spirits. It might even be considered sort of fun, maybe by someone who had never had any actual fun before, and had only read about it or something. And if your house wasn't flooding...

5 Comments:

At Tue Nov 07, 07:35:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aha! Proof that you aren't actually shallow!

 
At Tue Nov 07, 08:10:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But the question is did any hot chicks hit on you at the sand bag filling station?

 
At Tue Nov 07, 08:53:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

touche to the previous commenters! was going to say that the way things were going for you for a while, it wouldn't have surprised me if the flooding happened right as you were trying to negotiate a sale. too bad for new owners, but i am glad you don't have to deal with... hope you continue to stay out of water's way.

 
At Tue Nov 07, 09:41:00 AM PST, Blogger jay are said...

wow, what a bummer. hope your house stays well above the water lines....boy, I sure wish I lived in Seattle.

 
At Wed Nov 08, 06:25:00 AM PST, Blogger Kylee said...

Wow I live in Seattle...not near any flooding areas...and don't watch the news much...I really had no idea....As much as it rains here supposedly...I guess this rain came too much too fast. Good luck to you and your town

 

Post a Comment

<< Home