Wednesday, November 01, 2006

happy hallowe'en

Wandered around 6th Street in downtown Austin on Tuesday...


I thot this was one of the best -- it really looked like a giant had just cut off his own head and was holding it in his hand.



This guy was totally in character. I asked "Can I take your picture?" He smiled cheesily and said in perfect Willy Wonka style, "Of COURSE you can!"



These two guys were dressed like 17th (?) century French aristocracy -- and their costumes were entirely hand-made, from newspaper.



Bobo was terrific, as if Stephen King had created him on the spot.


This Pharoah got mistaken for the pope, but he bore it stoically.


My friends.


The cop I understood, and the sexy nurse. The other guy, I wasn't sure if he was just a SWAT guy, or if he's from a movie/TV show -- Stargate? Star Wars? Anyone know?


This guy's a comic/movie character called Hellboy; he made the costume (including the gun) himself.

And as is the custom lately, every other costume was a "Sexy ____" (insert whatever you want here -- cop, nurse, pilot, nun, insane person, etc.) As Carlos Mencia said, maybe they should change the name from Halloween to "National Dress-Like-A-Whore Day"... Not that there's anything wrong with that.

10 Comments:

At Wed Nov 01, 09:14:00 PM PST, Blogger Alan said...

Pictures with your clientele?

 
At Fri Nov 03, 09:08:00 AM PST, Blogger Rob said...

yeah, those are all my clients, except for the nurse. she's there just in case.

achully, this was on 6th St in Austin on tuesday. i'll post a few more when i get home. i'm sure it will be the highlight of everyone's day...

 
At Fri Nov 03, 09:01:00 PM PST, Blogger Alan said...

It's been a slow day, so you're probably right.

 
At Fri Nov 03, 10:23:00 PM PST, Blogger Erik said...

i like how you thought ahead and brought the nurse along. i earnestly hope her expertise was not required.

 
At Sat Nov 04, 01:14:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what are you spozed to be? a blind ref? if so, it's a good thing you had that nurse there -- just in case you dropped in a hole or something.

 
At Sat Nov 04, 09:57:00 PM PST, Blogger Blogball said...

si, that’s hilarious! I was thinking the exact same thing.
Plus what the heck is going on in the picture below?

 
At Sat Nov 04, 09:59:00 PM PST, Blogger Rob said...

yes, a blind ref.
it doesn't seem to resonate with a lot of people, but guys who've played a lot of sports seemed to get a big kick out of it.
:-)

 
At Sun Nov 05, 08:27:00 AM PST, Blogger Violet Ice said...

I was the "Pharaoh." I have no idea how so many people came up with "the Pope." I wasn't exactly a pharaoh -- more of a fantasy Egypto-Indian priest I made up...but I didn't care what people thought I was. All I saw were flash spots before my eyes all night, and that made all the work worth it.

Nice commentary with the blind ref costume. :)

 
At Sun Nov 05, 05:12:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yup, that's me -- a GUY that plays a lot of sports! that's why i recognized you right off... hah!

the add'l pics are great! some people really get into it -- impressed with the newspaper-guys. i always admire that since i can't myself (getting into halloween, i mean).

 
At Sun Nov 05, 10:28:00 PM PST, Blogger Blogball said...

This is one elaborate Halloween party! Thanks for posting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home