Wednesday, October 25, 2006

happy day

Cell phone rings.

Bryan: Hi Sam!
Samantha [subdued voice]: Dad, guess what just happened to me...
Bryan [sick with dread]: Oh, no -- what, honey?
Samantha: I just bought an expensive new lipgloss and it fell out of my purse!
Bryan [delirious with relief]: Well, then, I'll buy you a new one!

Nothing like picturing school expulsion, arrest, assault, kidnap, mugging, hit-and-run, etc, and then finding out it's about lip gloss. Makes the day seem pretty happy. :-)

4 Comments:

At Thu Oct 26, 06:48:00 AM PDT, Blogger unca said...

Ahh, the relief. Oft have I felt it.

 
At Thu Oct 26, 11:05:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, losing expensive lip gloss right after you get it IS pretty devastating, i'd say... :-)

 
At Thu Oct 26, 07:17:00 PM PDT, Blogger Kylee said...

It kinda goes along with the common sense thing...when your teenager the things that are important or so not when your older.....but then thats what being a child is all about. But I am sure your relief was enough to make you smile the rest of the day!!

 
At Sun Oct 29, 03:27:00 PM PST, Blogger CC said...

you know, you never did buy me a new lip gloss...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home