Saturday, October 07, 2006

allrighty, then.

Late night flight from Philadelphia to Seattle. Plane is dark, most of the passengers asleep.

I'm awakened from a deep slumber by a grating New Jersey accent bellowing in my ear "PUT YOUR SEATBELT ON!"

A stocky young woman is standing in the aisle next to me, wearing headphones, shouting at someone in the rows behind. Freshly-awakened, startled passengers are staring around in bewilderment.

The woman snorts, turns around, and heads for the lavatory in first class. We all look at one another, shrug, and go back to sleep.

Five minutes later she is back, again standing next to my seat, again with the headphones on, again shouting:

PUT YOUR SEATBELT ON!
PUT IT ON!
YOU DON'T KNOW HOW, DO YOU? MOVE YOUR HANDS!
FINE, DIE!

And she strides off down the aisle, leaving behind a muttering, embarrassed old man in the seat behind me. Not sure if he had his belt on or not.

3 Comments:

At Sat Oct 07, 01:04:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swear I don't know anyone who has more adventures than you! :)

 
At Sat Oct 07, 08:09:00 PM PDT, Blogger Alan said...

Seat belt or not, in a crash you're gonna die. It just makes it easier to find the body.

 
At Sat Oct 07, 10:49:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Alan's grip on reality.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home