Friday, October 06, 2006

i'll be back in a minute

I promise to blog something interesting sometime, not sure what. In the meantime, here's the inconvenient stuff that happened to me this week:

1) My laptop continues to shed pieces and functionality; it's become a kind of Rube-Goldberg-meets-the-Flintstones monstrosity, which barely runs. Perhaps I'll buy a new one, assuming I win the lottery.

2) Stayed in 4 different hotels over the last wk; at the one where I absolutely positively had to have internet access, no one in the entire hotel could tell me the name of the wireless network. They gave me an 800 number to call; guy said he'd call me back, never did. No internet, no flight info nor mapquest for directions to my next client site.

3) No directions, then bad directions, plus some kind of police action, plus lots of other people wanting to use the road meant a huge delay driving from NY to Blackwood, NJ. Three hours late for first mtg with client.

4) Lost my cellphone at lunch.

5) United Airlines cancelled my return reservation due to a check-in/signature deadline I was not informed of.

6) Escrow check improperly made out by title company delayed disbursement of house sale proceeds a further week. Automatic payment for rent did not make it to the landlord (again); landlord called to inquire (again). Alimony payment late, nothing I could do; Hannah understandably not impressed.

The above notwithstanding, life is good. Lots of really good things happened in between the inconveniences above, but who wants to hear about those? You do? Okay, then, I'll see what I can do...

In the meantime, keep in touch and do good work. Or whatever.

1 Comments:

At Fri Oct 06, 09:45:00 PM PDT, Blogger jay are said...

man, don't you wish something would, like, HAPPEN in your life now and then? How boring!
Hope you're hangin' in there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home