Saturday, October 07, 2006

Conference

New Orleans, 2 days. Presentation went well. Not sure if work will result, but maintained connections with lots of folks who might need a consultant some day.

Entertainment was provided, and also we made some of our own. My drink had very little rum in it, they assured me. Or perhaps I asked for extra rum, I can't remember. It's all a little vague...

(I'm just KIDDING, Mom -- relax already. The silliest thing I did all night was insert myself in random pictures being taken by people I didn't know. I know, it was foolish. I regret it already. But occasionally this type of thing takes place on Bourbon St, and we all live with the consequences... ;-)































We stumbled upon a wedding ceremony about to take place in a little hotel. The groom invited us in because they had no witnesses...
































The piano player at Jean LaFitte's (one of several places named in JL's honor) was about 150 yrs old. He may not have been Van Cliburn, but he was a lot of fun, and much of his audience was probably too lubricated to care.











All in all, a whole lot of fun. Nice people, great food, cool music. Also some work-related activity, but we tried to keep that to a minimum...

3 Comments:

At Sat Oct 07, 04:58:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what else is there to say? :)

 
At Sat Oct 07, 08:03:00 PM PDT, Blogger Alan said...

So why is your pocket hanging out in picture #5? I wasn't checking out your pockets, actually Annette was the one who noticed. Hey! Why is Annette checking out your pockets?

 
At Sat Oct 07, 11:09:00 PM PDT, Blogger Rob said...

Actually, that was a napkin sticking out of my pocket. Someone had gotten sick near us on the street and I grabbed a bunch of napkins and I guess I still had some left over.
Not sure why Annette was checking out my pockets. I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere involving "pocket" and "packet", but I can't seem to find it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home