Sunday, May 14, 2006

Then they left

I will be in the Sacramento area for the next 4 days. Specifically, in Roseville, which is a city unto itself entirely distinct from Sacramento, and don't you forget it.

I shall return briefly Thursday night to Seattle to pick up my son and take him with me to Austin for the weekend. I had promised both my kids I would take them to see the city where I spend so much of my time. Since Sam went last time, now it's David's turn.

One nice thing about both spots is that they offer lots of opportunity to practice Spanish, which I've been working on lately. When I turned 40 and started getting divorced, I sort of decided I needed to stop lying around and do more with my life before I wake up one morning and realize I'm dead and everything. So I lost a little weight, started practicing my Spanish more, tried to eat better, use my time better, etc. One day perhaps you can be as splendid as I.

That is all at this time. Happy Mothers Day to all who deserve it. :-)

5 Comments:

At Mon May 15, 10:14:00 AM PDT, Blogger Lisa said...

You have to deserve it? No one told me. Bummer.

 
At Mon May 15, 06:15:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't *you* forget it! :-)

assuming you're referring to seattle vs roseville (for speaking spanish)? actually, there are opportunities to speak it in rsvl -- i just can't.

hope you & david have a good time in austin together (hmmm... it seems like 2 trips for david vs 1 trip for sam...). tho, is there a mexico trip in the future (never answered this from before)?

 
At Wed May 17, 02:15:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(i'll answer for you...)

you *do* mean roseville for spanish-speaking opportunities as i've been witness to (& apparently forgot previous encounters of) your "showing off" of your spanish language skills! it's clearer to me now, that you *invite* the requisite question of "where are you from?" so that you can astound them that yes, in fact, you're from the u.s.! you're such a "compliment whore"! :-)

 
At Wed May 17, 02:53:00 PM PDT, Blogger Rob said...

si: and your point is?

 
At Thu May 18, 11:44:00 AM PDT, Blogger Lisa said...

Bryan, go to my blog, psychomamma.blogspot.com to see what jay are and the smart sisters and I are up to...we'd like you to join us if you have the inclination...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home