Friday, May 12, 2006

the promised, yet not highly anticipated, pictures of our cruise


We took a ferry past this big hotel, which I've forgotten the name of, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Super8.


Little island with a lighthouse and a few buildings. Didn't look like anyone was living there fulltime.


Our snorkeling guide caught one of the rays and people took turns holding/kissing it. He told us it was good luck to kiss the ray. Not sure if that's really an island tradition, or one made up to make the tourists look silly. We didn't need any help with that in any case -- I never saw such a soft, pale, well-fed group as we were.



We all had to wear the stupid yellow vests, whether we could swim or not. At least they didn't make us blow them up if we didn't want to.



When I picked up this starfish, it still had ahold of the shell of an urchin* it had eaten.




This plant or animal looked a lot like a penis to me, so since maturity-wise I'm still 9 yrs old, I had to take a picture...


*This, not this.

2 Comments:

At Sat May 13, 12:18:00 PM PDT, Blogger heatherfeather said...

i did sort of worry that the starfish would end the joyful musical that is Oliver! for generations to come.

 
At Sat May 13, 11:17:00 PM PDT, Blogger jay are said...

yes, I'm glad you clarified the "urchin" part. I wondered just how an urchin had gotten to the depths of the sea and then how it was that he had shrunk so.

great pics....looks like you had a good time (well-fed and pale though the lot of you may have been).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home