Saturday, December 03, 2005

More about meeeeee...

From Jay Are from Heatherfeather from...

TEN random things you might not know about me:
1 Have long toes
2 First girlfriend wasn't till college
3 Can count to 10 in eight languages
4 Lost a front tooth playing hockey
5 Have never smoked a cigarrette
6 Had a vasectomy
7 Cats love me, altho I'm able to muster only mild affection for them
8 Fractured my skull once
9 Can remember back to the age of two
10 Have 18 Aunts & Uncles

NINE places I’ve visited
1 Mexico
2 Canada
3 Russia
4 Ukraine
5 Jamaica
6 Haiti
7 St Lucia
8 Martinique
9 East Biggs, California

EIGHT ways to win my heart
1 Be kind
2 Listen
3 Be enthusiastic
4 Cook
5 Be flexible
6 Give me compliments
7 Be happy
8 Touch me

SEVEN things I want to do before I die
1 Scuba dive
2 Visit Western Europe (mostly the UK, France, Spain, Italy)
3 Get to < 5% body fat (just to see what it feels like)
4 Play in a band (just once would do it)
5 Study fencing
6 Learn to speak German
7 Kiss Eva Mendez (just kidding, settle down)

SIX things I’m afraid of
1 Something bad happening to someone I love
2 Being disabled and completely dependent on others
3 Bad guys
4 Dancing in public if I don't know the steps
5 Becoming senile in my old age and chasing the nurses
6 Prison

FIVE things I don't like
1 Arrogance
2 Deliberate helplessness
3 Self-absorption (in other people)
4 Intransigence
5 Pickled anything

FOUR ways to turn me off
1 Criticize
2 Be mean to kids
3 Talk exclusively about yourself (ie, fail to talk about me)
4 Be pretentious

THREE Things I do everyday
1 Be amused
2 Eat lots of carbs
3 Urinate

TWO things that make me happy
1 My kids.
2 My health.

ONE thing on my mind right now
1 Wondering who in the world could possibly be interested in this.

10 Comments:

At Sat Dec 03, 08:35:00 AM PST, Blogger mreddie said...

It's good to know yourself, because until you do it's nearly impossible to really know someone else and it's these relationships with others that are the most rewarding parts of life. ec

 
At Sat Dec 03, 09:30:00 AM PST, Blogger heatherfeather said...

re: large families - i have 13 (7 by blood) aunts and uncles on my mom's side, and 15 on my dad's (8 by blood). let's not even get into the cousin count...

re: your eight ways category...
#3/4.i am a FANTASTIC cook.
#5. i used to be a contortionist in a circus

 
At Sat Dec 03, 10:13:00 AM PST, Blogger Lisa said...

East Biggs, you too? Now there is a happening place. I mean, Biggs was just getting too big, so of course, the logical solution was to break of the East side, and form their own city.

I think I played basketball game there in 8th grade.

 
At Sat Dec 03, 06:28:00 PM PST, Blogger jay are said...

These are great....and I can't believe you've been to East Biggs. Lucky guy.

your requirement of not talking exclusively about oneself reminded me of a card I just saw yesterday. It shows a guy and a girl on a first date kind of thing, and the guy is saying: "How rude of me. Here I've been talking the whole time about myself and I haven't given you a chance to talk about me."

Also, wishing you luck with Eva. :)

 
At Sat Dec 03, 07:17:00 PM PST, Blogger Bonita said...

Eighteen aunts and uncles - you've got a lot of stories there.

 
At Sun Dec 04, 11:05:00 PM PST, Blogger Rob said...

Thx for your comments.
HF, I kind of meant flexible as in able to handle different people, situations, changes-of-plans, etc. But then the contortionist thing would have a whole set of advantages of its own, i should think...

 
At Mon Dec 05, 01:13:00 AM PST, Blogger heatherfeather said...

oh, THAT kind of flexibility. i can do that, too.

 
At Tue Dec 06, 11:54:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

re lists EIGHT*, FIVE, & FOUR: these explain why we get along so well -- as long as i'm listening, complimenting YOU and not being self-absorbed and talking about me, right? ;-)

* not ALL of EIGHT, of course!

 
At Wed Dec 07, 10:18:00 AM PST, Blogger Erik said...

wow, these were actually interesting, which is surprising given my lukewarm feelings toward you. just kidding, you know i love you. tell me more.

 
At Mon Dec 12, 10:14:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

one of the items that i thought would fit me on list EIGHT was "being kind". you may not think this anymore after my last comments. :-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home