Sunday, September 25, 2005

Then there's this, still not interesting...

When I was about 9 yrs old, our parents bought a new house. Among the things the previous owners left in the garage was a large glass punch bowl and 8 matching glass cups.
I was fooling around with them one day, and I accidentally dropped one. I lunged for it, but I was too late -- it hit the concrete garage floor. But the weird thing was, it didn't break -- it must have hit in just the right way, because instead of shattering, it bounced, and I caught it in the air.
I was astounded -- I'd never heard of such a thing (and I've never seen it since, either). So naturally, I called my brother into the garage, said "Hey, watch this!' And dropped it again. This time of course, it shattered into a million pieces. I swept them up and didn't tell anyone what happened, until now.

1 Comments:

At Mon Sep 26, 09:36:00 AM PDT, Blogger jay are said...

That is so bizarre! The coolest things always happen when no one's watching. I'm sure your brother was quite impressed. He must've wondered how you were able to accomplish such a feat!! Have you practiced it much since :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home