Thursday, October 21, 2004

One flu over the cuckoo's nest

The Kerry campaign has courageously taken a stand on the issue of Dick Cheney’s flu shot, calling it further evidence of the current administration’s “do as I say, not as I do” philosophy.

C’mon, people – a flu shot? Out of 260 million people, I can’t think of anyone more important to give a flu shot to than Dick Cheney. He’s the vice-president, remember? He has a history of heart disease. He is 178 years old. If there were only two shots left in the entire country, I’d give them to the president and vice president.

I mean, with all the stuff we could say about Bush/Cheney, we focus on a flu shot? Talk about grasping desperately for something to differentiate oneself with.

The most disappointing thing is that much of the country is so disenchanted with GWB, we’d vote for a pile of wet cow turds if that’s what it took to get him out of office. But apparently Kerry is the best the Democrats can come up with, and his campaign people get up there and talk about stupid flu shots. Just shoot me now.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home