Tuesday, April 15, 2008

brief update

1. Went to Mexico. It was fun. Didn't drink a lot of the water, but ate whatever I wanted from the street vendors every day. Tacos de lengua (tongue), chorizo (spicy mexican sausage), tripa (tripe), etc. Absolutely delicious. Moctezuma did not take his revenge. :-)

2. Got a new contract in Reno. It's interesting. The city, not the work.

3. Camila and I are broken up again, for good this time. It is hard to let go, but it was also hard making the distance work. What good is it to be with someone wonderful if you're hardly ever actually *with* them? I've met some nice women recently, but I think I'm going to just date for now, nothing too serious for a while...

4. The Stanley Cup Playoffs are on. The Calgary Flames won a gutsy one this wknd vs the San Jose Sharks -- they went down 3-0 in the first 5 minutes, clawed their way back to win it 4-3.

5. Took Sam to Teatro Zinzanni ("Love, Chaos, & Dinner") -- it was great. They have them in San Francisco and Las Vegas as well...

6. If you're feeling bad about your looks, here are some links to peruse...

one two three four five six


7. And here's something that might give a husband pause, at least until someone explained things to him...

10 Comments:

At Wed Apr 16, 12:03:00 AM PDT, Blogger jay are said...

sorry that things aren't going as you'd hoped in the ole heart department :( hang in there....and I'm interested in trying out Teatro sometime---sounds very cool.

 
At Wed Apr 16, 08:24:00 AM PDT, Blogger Crystal said...

have fun being single!!!! write about it on your blog in detail so we can all live vicariously through you and remember what it is like to have fun stranger sex!!

also, you are wrong for those 6 items. i am wrong for not being able to not click on them.

 
At Wed Apr 16, 09:38:00 AM PDT, Blogger Blogball said...

I had to laugh at Crystal’s comment: “write about it on your blog in detail so we can all live vicariously through you”

So what’s’ up with those clips? Is it face tumor awareness week or something?

I actually watched all six of them. I have always been a sucker for videos with face tumors and people that have tree roots growing out of their arms and legs.

By the way the last video (# 7) is not working. I’m not sure if I want you to fix it though.

 
At Wed Apr 16, 11:22:00 AM PDT, Blogger jay are said...

yeah, #7 isn't working but we found it elsewhere because we is industrious. But while it was very interesting, I couldn't stand to listen to the one woman's voice any longer---I think it was the author. She was just too breath-y and earnest and annoying. That was my opinion. But I agree with blogball on the other stuff. Fascinating in a kind of (admitted) repulsive way. Poor them, and don't we have a lot to be thankful for!! Yikes.

 
At Wed Apr 16, 11:06:00 PM PDT, Blogger jay aitch said...

Not real sure I believe the videos are real. Do think so? I would just as soon be dead as to have one of those if they are true.

 
At Wed Apr 16, 11:47:00 PM PDT, Blogger jay are said...

Looking at some of those videos again, my heart just aches for what some people and some parents go through. It makes those last pesky pounds and that plantar wart somehow easier to deal with. Sheez.

 
At Thu Apr 17, 08:20:00 PM PDT, Blogger si said...

wow, on the videos... how heart-wrenching they are! and #7 -- i'm with blogball and not jay are (because i'm not industrious)!

teatro zinzanni -- will have to check this out when i'm next in seattle. when that might be -- ??

again, sorry about you and c. try to have fun and forget the serious stuff for now... :-)

 
At Sat Apr 19, 01:31:00 AM PDT, Blogger Rob said...

thanks for all the comments.
fixed the last link, sorry about that...

 
At Mon May 05, 07:40:00 PM PDT, Blogger Kylee said...

sorry about the break up - but try to enjoy the dating thing.

Enjoy Reno - I have a friend from the 3rd grade that lives there - sorry she is married or I would set you up :)

 
At Tue May 06, 07:14:00 AM PDT, Blogger alleykat said...

Hi bryan, I found you, but I see your life has changed since we last met, maybe we will cross paths again next time I'm up in Washington?
tuberculosis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home