Friday, April 27, 2007

Two conversations about one thing...

CONVERSATION #1:

Camila, to co-worker: Say, do you have a boyfriend?

CW: Yes.

Camila: Okay, never mind; I was just thinking about introducing you to a guy I know.

CW: Wait, no, I don't...

Camila [laughing]: Okay, well maybe we can all go out sometime.



CONVERSATION #2, one week later:

CW: Guess what happened to me! I was helping my boyfriend look for a house to buy, and we found one that seemed like a good deal, and when I told him I thought he should get it, he said 'Well, if I'm going to get a house, I guess I need to ask you to marry me, then.' So we're getting married, and his parents are going to buy the house for us, and it's so pretty, I really like it, and it's in such-and-such area, and and and ...

Camila: I'm really happy for you. BTW, what is your boyfriend like? You've said all these details about the house but nothing about him -- Is he nice? Do you love him?

CW: Did it sound like that? Well don't worry, I love him.

Camila: That's good. Love is really important. I was sort of worried because the other day you said you didn't have a boyfriend.

CW: Oh, yeah. I made a mistake.

Camila: Well, I hope you guys are really happy together.



One guesses that last week CW and her bf were momentarily on the outs, or perhaps she was on the verge of leaving him because she'd given up on him popping the question. At least, one hopes that that's the case, rather than that CW is marrying a house. The problem with marrying a house is that it comes with this other person in it...


UPDATE:
Camila says CW continues to tell the story to everyone including hotel guests; her latest quote is "It's like winning the lottery!"

5 Comments:

At Fri Apr 27, 10:49:00 AM PDT, Blogger heatherfeather said...

and houses are lousy conversationalists.

 
At Fri Apr 27, 02:04:00 PM PDT, Blogger jay are said...

this relationship sounds like a keeper for sure! it's gonna definitely last through the ages, through the hard times, etc. etc....
hope it's a REALLY pretty house (and I hope the guy is either really clueless or doesn't care that she's basically, uh, marrying a house).

 
At Fri Apr 27, 04:16:00 PM PDT, Blogger Blogball said...

Maybe thats why they call them housewives.

 
At Sat Apr 28, 01:24:00 AM PDT, Blogger si said...

their relationship -- sounds so promising!

 
At Mon Apr 30, 11:42:00 AM PDT, Blogger jay are said...

"house"wives!!! Exactly! You notice they don't say "husband"wives! I mean, HELLOOOO.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home