Sunday, December 10, 2006

Truck of my dreams

Well, not quite. But closer now.

Cool thing #1: I got so tired of not finding a canopy for my pickup that I bought a cheap aluminium one until I can find a fiberglass one that actually matches. Put carpet in the back, finally have somewhere to put all my car tools, don't have to cover my hockey gear with a tarp when it rains on game nights, etc.

Cool thing #2: put in a new CD player (old one was not working).

Installer guy did a double-take when he saw the speakers I already had, and said "Dude, these are blahblahblah speakers! Those are like top shelf speakers, dude." He fiddled around with the massive and mysterious amp under the seat, discovered I had two *more* rear speakers I'd never noticed, tuned everything up and now it rocks. Guy said "Whoever put this stuff in paid at least two grand for this setup."

Now I make my truck go boom like I was 16 or something.

2 Comments:

At Sun Dec 10, 09:53:00 PM PST, Blogger si said...

guys and their trucks!

glad you had someone help you discover some essential basics of your truck. does it now move on its own when you're cranked up? and it's nice you're able to feel 16 again since you probably didn't have anything like that when you really were. 16, i mean.

(been having trouble seeing word verification again -- slightly irritating. *you* might say it's a sign -- to not comment, maybe. :))

 
At Tue Dec 12, 06:32:00 AM PST, Blogger Alan said...

How far did the gas mileage drop? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home