Saturday, December 09, 2006

gay schlafen, my darling

There are Morning People and Not Morning People.

Some NMP become MP through discipline and practice, but I think most MP just kind of pop out of bed feeling fresh and ready to attack the day, while the rest of us feel only semi-human for the first hour or so.

I've always hated when MP act superior about how they get up and, like, restructure Europe or something every morning before breakfast, when I think often it's just luck that they got wake-up-early genes.

On the other hand, I can sleep anywhere. Never have trouble falling asleep. On the plane, in the car, on gravel if necessary. It's possible that this is just the luck of my genes also, but I prefer to believe it's about skill and personal virtue...

6 Comments:

At Sat Dec 09, 02:36:00 PM PST, Blogger unca said...

I don't think I was a morning person until I discovered the joy of caffeine. It's amazing what drugs will do.

 
At Sat Dec 09, 03:09:00 PM PST, Blogger jay are said...

I think it must have everything to do with skill and personal virtue, for sure! As a NMP, I think it's important to distinguish the luck of the waking-up genes from the skill required to fall asleep anywhere.

 
At Sat Dec 09, 03:59:00 PM PST, Blogger si said...

*obviously* skill & virtue on your part!

since i have neither skill nor virtue (nor genes) at being an MP or SA (sleep-anywhere), i'd like to shoot both your kind, and definitely theirs...

(are you done posting for a while? it's been kinda hard keeping up!) :)

 
At Sat Dec 09, 07:03:00 PM PST, Blogger Alan said...

Ja. Ich habe ein gutes geschlafen.

It's been several decades, so the syntax and tense may be off.

I am a super MP, however it's impossible to restructure Europe. Too many Frenchies.

 
At Sat Dec 09, 11:12:00 PM PST, Blogger jay aitch said...

Jawohl!!
Don't you get sick of the 'righteous' people who awake at 5:30, singing and ready for the day? Being a night person, I have struggled all my life with this. I live with a morning person.

 
At Tue Dec 12, 02:36:00 PM PST, Blogger Rebecca said...

I'm rolling with the skill and personal virtue argument. I am extremely virtuous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home