Monday, December 04, 2006

miscellaney

I'm on a new hockey team. Since I joined them, we're 0-4.

When i went back to Target about the extra chairs, it looked for a minute like they were just going to pat me on the head and send me on my way, but at the last minute the manager decided if i was dumb enough to come back in I should pay them some more money. Which i did.

Went out to supper on Saturday night; at the next table a young boy threw up. They hustled him off to the bathroom, but no one cleaned up the mess for at least 5 minutes. I felt sorry for him, but even more sorry for myself having to try to eat my dessert 3 feet from a big puddle of sick. I really have no idea why I would want to share that with you.

David turned 14 yesterday.

On my flight home from TX:
20-ish girl in row in front of me: Is that seat empty?
Bryan: Don't know yet.
TGIRIFOM: If no one shows up, do you mind if my mom sits there?
Bryan: Is your mom good looking?
TGIRIFOM [worried look]: Um, she's married...

Mom did turn out to be a very nice lady. Unfortunately, she used up all the yarn she had brought to knit with before I finished my paperback. Which meant that since *her* entertainment had ended, mine must perforce end also. So in spite of my best efforts, we chatted, and she gave me TGIRIFOM's business card, and TGIRIFOM turned around and told me that I looked like the kind of person who might be interested in a good business opportunity, and that she would check with her business partners and see if they were interested in taking anyone else on and call me. I refrained from telling her how much I hate multi-level marketing, but just barely.

9 Comments:

At Mon Dec 04, 05:54:00 PM PST, Blogger si said...

so glad you were able to share the miscellanea of minutia (how's about THEM words?) that is your life. actually with all of the "interesting" goings-on you've had for a while, it must be nice to have minutia...

happy b-day to david! (somehow, never knew this date in case reminders were needed.) :)

one time a friend and i were at a CPK (ca pizza kitchen) and a teenage girl sitting by us leaned over and got sick. they did move us but it was a little bit of an appetite-killer. (not saying anything else about this topic...)

amway -- what can i say? twisted dna (do you read him?) had an amusing post about mis-reading the overtures of an amway couple.

oh, and are they still letting you be on the hockey team? i don't get hockey, but i do understand that an 0-4 record is not a feat that a team wants to strive for. :) (btw, didn't you *lead* your former team in the playoffs recently?)

 
At Mon Dec 04, 07:01:00 PM PST, Blogger Kylee said...

Happy Birthday David

 
At Mon Dec 04, 07:51:00 PM PST, Blogger unca said...

My favorite vomit experience took place at my in-laws about 20 years ago. We all sat down to the usual feast and We hadn't gotten far into the meal when my wife's seven year old nephew threw up all over the table. The truly wonderful part was that my father-in-law had decided that year that he would record the family banter during the dinner so the whole thing was recorded on tape! Of course I played the tape right away--everybody was chattering and clinking their utensils when all of a sudden there's this muffled gag followed by someone moaning, "Oh my gosh." Naturally I played it over and over (much, I think, to the disgust of the rest of the family). Wouldn't you know it but somebody threw out the tape a few years ago. It was a keeper.

 
At Mon Dec 04, 08:43:00 PM PST, Blogger Andi said...

Kenu puked in the Rover on a long trip and we had to smell it the entire way--ick. Actually, you get used to it after awhile as long as you don't stop at any rest stops.

Amway--I think the Satan thing says it all.

 
At Mon Dec 04, 10:08:00 PM PST, Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

I once worked as a busser at a restaurant back in the day. Someone threw up and I just could. not. clean. it. up. Too gross. Until several people had commented. Now I have to smile at my old self for effeciently doing my job while (literally) stepping over the barf that was smelling up the joint. I gave the nearby guests about 10 minutes of puke sent before I got to it. I had other things to do, people, RELAX.

 
At Tue Dec 05, 09:18:00 AM PST, Blogger unca said...

I got car sick once and threw up out the window of our 1955 Ford Wagon. Some of it got into the window well where it stayed and festered for months and months. My dad told me it was the main reason we sold the car.

 
At Tue Dec 05, 09:22:00 AM PST, Blogger unca said...

See if you can top this one: My college roommate was born in Germany and came to the U.S. when he was eight years old. On the way over he got sea sick and while he was throwing up over the lower railing, another passenger directly above him was throwing up on him.

 
At Tue Dec 05, 03:49:00 PM PST, Blogger Blogball said...

In 1st grade I threw up right in the middle of our reading circle. We were sitting on the floor with our legs crossed. I remember as if it were yesterday all of the kids scooting back on their butts as the circumference of puke became bigger & bigger.
Plus I was sitting next to the teacher and some of the throw up went on the hem of her dress.

 
At Fri Dec 08, 07:56:00 AM PST, Blogger heatherfeather said...

knitters are ridiculous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home