Sunday, January 16, 2005

hockey chicks

Alert: this is not interesting, exept to me...

Last night's game wasn't a regular league deal. The wife of one of the guys on my regular team is putting together an all-women's team for an upcoming tournament. They had a scrimmage against a local women's team, but this local team is so good, the tournament team asked me and a couple of other "smelly boys" to come and give them some physical presence on the ice.

Anyway, we got beat. The team we played is extremely disciplined and well-coached. They don' t have a lot of speed or power, but they know their positions and will beat you with passing every time if you're not organized.

I had two goals, both extremely cheesy: one I punched out of the air with my top stick-hand, but the ref apparently thot it was with my stick because he allowed it. Or maybe you can do that, I don't know -- I've never seen it happen before.

The other one was on a slow whistle -- their goalie covered the puck with no one around, so there was no face-off whistle. When one of my teammates showed up, the goalie was in the process of lifting her glove off the puck -- my teammate poked the puck to me, and I put it into an empty net. The other team was really mad about that one (girls are so cute when they're angry).

Anyway, a good time was had by all, and we lost, but it was a lot of fun.

2 Comments:

At Mon Jan 17, 06:37:00 AM PST, Blogger unca said...

The old, "sneak-up-on-the-goalie-when-she's-lifting-her-glove-and-hit-the-puck-routine." It's such an old trick but it still works.

 
At Mon Jan 17, 10:04:00 AM PST, Blogger Lois Lane said...

Girls rule and boys drool!
Lois Lane

 

Post a Comment

<< Home