Saturday, January 15, 2005

snowbody knows the trouble i've seen

Today it has been COLD up here, out on the edge of the prairie...

Actually, there's no prairie but there is a FREEZING wind. We had hail/sleet/frozen rain for a couple of hours, which turned to snow as it got dark, so the roads are 1-2" of snow over ice.

I was dealing with this in what I thought was sensible fashion -- by taking a nap on the couch -- when my wife called to say she had put the Explorer in the ditch on her way to the grocery store.

When I got there a couple neighbours were already there chatting in the blowing snow -- one of them had a 4WD vehicle so we hooked on a tow strap, put them both in 4-low, and he pulled me out. No rollover, no damage to the neighbour's ditch -- all good, no-harm-no-foul.

I was happy about this whole situation, as only a husband can be when his wife screws up and therefore will have to refrain from dispensing opinions/advice for a few days. Except that now she doesn't want me to go to my hockey game tonight because it's "too dangerous to drive".

So it didn't turn out quite so cool after all. Oh well.

2 Comments:

At Sat Jan 15, 07:57:00 PM PST, Blogger Lois Lane said...

Tell the Mrs. I am happy she was not hurt. And you Mister... how about you brush up on your grammar and forget about hockey? LMAO! Sorry, I couldn't resist following the last comment. You know I am *you're biggest fan. ;)
Lois Lane
*I know

 
At Sun Jan 16, 08:52:00 PM PST, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you. You make me very happy that I moved back to California after a year in Seattle. Even with our rains down here, we are still not getting snow and sleet and crap like that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home