Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Oops...

Sitting in Starbucks talking to my insurance agent. He asks what it's like to be dating again at 43, and I tell him it has its moments -- I'm at a unique time of life when I can basically date women of any age, if I wanted to.

A few minutes later he nudges me and nods at something over my shoulder; I turn around to see a fit-looking blonde woman in black spandex ordering coffee.

INSURANCE GUY (winking): Hey, now there's a candidate for you.
BRYAN: Hmm. You know who that is?
IG: No, who?
BRYAN: That would be my ex-wife.
IG: ...

NOTE about appropriate dating age: The "creepiness rule" states that you should not date younger than half your age + 7 years. That puts my lower limit at 28.5; I've broken that a couple of times, but am not making a habit of it. I also know a few couples who don't fit into this rule, and I say if they're happy everyone else should STFU and be happy with them...

3 Comments:

At Thu Sep 18, 11:03:00 AM PDT, Blogger Blogball said...

Sorry to all of you ladies out there that are only 28 & ½ years old but Bryan’s birthday is less than 6 months away so his minimum non–creepiness age is more like 28.6.

 
At Thu Sep 18, 12:26:00 PM PDT, Blogger SoozeSchmooze said...

Oh for goodness sakes..I say lie about your age..lie lie lie...if you want to date Bryan..just get in line and pretend that you are already 28.6!! Seriously...age really doesn't matter...good luck to you and your dates! Creepy isn't good...but I don't think you are creepy (very much...lol)!

 
At Thu Sep 18, 12:30:00 PM PDT, Blogger si said...

blogball -- ha! yes, the age-factor is expanding as we speak! poor 28.6 and younger women -- you are apparently really missing out (for those that keep the creepiness factor in mind)!

bryan: you probably won't believe me but before i read the punchline, i'd guessed that it was hannah who was the person in line. really!

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home