Tuesday, July 19, 2005

If you can read this, I'm stupid

I really like bumper stickers. I will follow a car into a parking lot just to read a sticker I've never seen before. However:

Most bumper stickers are hard to read if you're more than about six feet away, because they were designed by morons. So as often as not, people (okay, me) are craning their necks, following too close, etc in order to read them.

What this means is that if you plaster your car with bumper stickers, you're practically guaranteeing that drivers around you aren't going to be paying as close attention to their driving as they should be. In other words, your car now comes with its own little bubble of inattention/danger, which you carry with you wherever you drive.

Just a thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home