Monday, February 28, 2005

I have smart friends

You know how sometimes stuff you just find totally intriguing and impressive, and you wish you'd been clever or gutsy enough do it?

This is a picture of my friend's front yard.


I realize aerial photography was invented some time ago, but this was taken from a remote control plane. And that's not even so unique, except that this guy fastened the camera onto the plane himself, aligned a little solenoid or servo or whatever (connected to one of the navigation controls -- rudder or ailerons or something) over the shutter button. That is a totally ambitious move, and not only did he have the nerve to try it, he pulled it off. I smile in pleasure and admiration every time I think about it.

Okay, maybe I'm easy to please as WELL as being a geek. That sound you hear is me not caring.

3 Comments:

At Tue Mar 01, 09:20:00 AM PST, Blogger Happy Birthday! said...

I think that's really cool! Wow. I would do that if I was smart enough and if I had thought of it myself.

 
At Tue Mar 01, 11:39:00 AM PST, Blogger Erik said...

Me too! I nearly thought of something just that clever once, then I lost it. Wait, it's coming back...no, it's gone again.

 
At Tue Mar 01, 01:47:00 PM PST, Blogger Blogball said...

I don’t need no stinkin airplane:

I tried setting the shutter release timer on my digital camera and then throwing the camera as hard as I could strait up in the air. (This is a totally unambitious move) Talk about pressure to catch my $800.00 camera as it came back down. My picture didn’t come out quite as good as this one however. I forgot to take in consideration the unpredictable rotation and spin of the camera once it leaves my hand.
I am still trying to perfect the toss. I think it’s all in the wrist.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home