Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Koby Teeth

Toby Keith is a country music singer. His music is appreciated by many people, including people I love who I would've thought were more discerning.

This song of his is called I Wanna Talk About Me; I think it's funny and I really like it.

This song, An American Soldier, is wildly popular and also awful. Not to take anything away from american soldiers -- I have heartfelt appreciation and admiration for people who sacrifice for others -- but as a piece of art/music the song's shite, not to put too fine a point on it.

The below is a piece from The Onion that made me think of Toby Keith...

3 Comments:

At Tue Jan 06, 06:14:00 PM PST, Blogger si said...

taking the first song at face value (or should i say, "title value"), i'd say it was YOUR song! no wonder you like it... ;-)

i tried to listen to the terrorist song but i had to stop. i couldn't take it. maybe it's the country-ness of the song (definitely not a fan) -- it was too much for me to listen to/watch.

 
At Fri Jan 09, 12:55:00 PM PST, Blogger unca said...

Well, I agree. It's certainly not my cup of tea. On the otherhand it doesn't seem to be any worse than the other gooey songs that belong to this country/twang/metal genre or whatever it is. They pretty much sounds alike to me. Oh, one more thing: he seems to be playing a fretless guitar (interesting). Also, it's not as bad as "God Bless the U.S.A." which I don't like but not because it's patriotic -- it's just--well--awful.

 
At Sat Jan 10, 01:12:00 AM PST, Blogger Rob said...

God Bless The USA: terrible, yes. Hard to explain why to someone who really likes it, tho...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home