Monday, February 05, 2007

NYC

Sam & I spent a few days in New York City last week...


View from the observation deck of the Empire State Bldg.
Didja know: they built that tower thing on top to tether dirigibles to, but apparently forgot that it would be really really windy up there...
If you don't know much about NYC (that would be us), I recommend the little audio thing you get for 7 bucks with "Tony the Cabbie" describing various landmarks, and giving a little history of the city.


I wore my Eres Un Pendejo shirt that day, which had all the Puerto Rican girls in giggles. So I had that going for me...

Sam and I guess King Kong's little brother.

Our hotel (New Yorker/Ramada) was under construction; to get to the ground-floor restroom, you had to take a non-functioning escalator, walk thru a room with workers laying tile on the floor, then stoop and squeeze thru this little doorway. On the other hand, the room was great, the service was great, and the price ($149/night) was fantastic for Manhattan.

Ground zero.


Times Square (do I really need to be doing this caption thing?)


Me helping out in Central Park...

3 Comments:

At Tue Feb 06, 12:50:00 AM PST, Blogger Happy Birthday! said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Sweet. Isn't it funny that if you had labeled the hotel picture "Deconstructivist Angst" everyone would have believed you that it was from the museum?

 
At Tue Feb 06, 07:18:00 AM PST, Blogger Lisa said...

Too bad I didn't know you were going!! My brother in law gives walking tours of NYC, and also gives "food" tours. You'd never learn more about the city than you would from him....we can't get him to shut up!

Looks like you had a great time!!!

 
At Thu Feb 08, 07:24:00 PM PST, Blogger si said...

...and you didn't remember the-calling-me from the top of the esb again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home