Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Samantha

This is me and my daughter on a date.
She is sweet, beautiful, opinionated, impossible.
She is talented and stubborn, lazy and generous, moody and brilliant. She has a wicked sense of humor.

Here are some things she has drawn or painted.

She plays the piano and composes her own pieces, but she is concerned that Van Cliburn may read my blog and consider her efforts amateurish, so she refused to let me post a recording of her playing.

She grasps most new ideas in a few seconds, which is handy because she typically declines to spend more than 10 (seconds) on any one particular thing. Her favorite book is The ADD Book of North American - Hey, let's go ride our bikes!

She is my daughter and I love her. :-)

7 Comments:

At Wed Mar 08, 05:48:00 AM PST, Blogger Kylee said...

She is beautiful and VERY talented!!

 
At Wed Mar 08, 09:42:00 AM PST, Blogger unca said...

Wow!! What great art work. Thanks so much for posting this. Has she thought about pursuing this professionally at some point? Again, wow!

 
At Wed Mar 08, 05:57:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wanted to comment on this -- you're correct, sam is beautiful, talented, brilliant... *really* impressed with the artwork. she's going to grow into a really fascinating, intelligent person (better to be too smart than the alternative [IMO]).

also, glad that you posted this, as i have been her "champion" of sorts for a while. remember, when you're old & decrepit, who will be taking care of *you*? (just my own personal life being inserted here...) :-)

 
At Wed Mar 08, 07:14:00 PM PST, Blogger jay are said...

Her artwork is unbelievable....her music is brilliant....she's funny and smart....Plus she has incredibly flawless skin. Sigh.

 
At Sat Mar 11, 10:45:00 PM PST, Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Love this post; daughter is beautiful, tell her I said "do the art, play the music!!!" though it may mean nothing to her, coming from me.

Great picture, great entry. Heartwarming.

 
At Sat Mar 11, 11:36:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing it!! I confess I actually know this Sam character and I think she is so completely loveable even if she didn't have all these other attributes. Ya tebya lyooblyoo, Samantha. ( "I love you" in Russian.)xoxo
I shall remain anonymous for this comment.

 
At Thu Mar 16, 02:31:00 PM PST, Blogger CC said...

Durn straight!
*ego boost*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home