Wednesday, March 15, 2006

In which I am helpful but stupid

This is my friend John waiting in the ER -- he caught a puck in the face during last night's hockey game.

The captain and I took John's truck home for him, then I waited at the hospital to take him home after his stitches.

Unfortunately, sometime between 2am and 4:30am (when he was getting stitched and I was sleeping in the waiting room), I lost his keys. I had them when I came in, so all I can figure is they fell out of my pocket while I was sleeping and somebody swiped them.

I remember waking up to see a couple of bad-looking dudes looking at me -- the keys were probably already on the floor and they were just waiting till I fell asleep again to snag them and walk thru the lot to see which truck the beeper would open. Since John's truck was already at his house, they'd have been out of luck, but it's still kind of annoying. Plus we lost. :-)

2 Comments:

At Wed Mar 15, 05:27:00 PM PST, Blogger jay are said...

What a good friend you were to wait in the ER (too bad about the *ahem* keys, tho)....

Speaking of the keys, I'm SO glad you brought his truck home first!! What a bunch of jerks (the other guys). Glad they didn't get to drive off in a truck courtesy of some poor guy getting his face back to normal.

 
At Wed Mar 15, 05:29:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, helpful but not so much stupid as smart -- to drop *his* keys (whose truck wasn't there) and not *yours* (or whose ever vehicle was there). convoluted statement, i know, but you know how i am...

hope your friend's none the worse for wear. i'm sure he appreciates his bloody face being in blogland.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home